160 Alpine Lakes Wilderness Book - Hiking with my Brother
Nathan Barnes is on to talk about Alpine Lakes Wilderness guidebook he co-authored with his brother. Covering all the trails within Alpine Lakes Wilderness, which stretches trailheads from I-90 to Stevens Pass and across Blewit Pass.
One of the different aspects these two authors bring, is the history of hikes and the locations they traverse or pass.
I love the story he tells about Forest Service employee, Hal Sylvester, and his passion for areas like the Lady Lakes Loop.
We also bring up their other book Hiking Through History Washington.
Upcoming Events with the authors
· The Mountaineers Everett Branch Open House | June 5, 7pm at Snohomish County PUD Building (2320 California St, Everett, WA 98206)
· Author Talk | June 11, 7pm at Browsers Bookshop (107 Capitol Way N, OLYMPIA, WA 98501)
· Book Release Party | June 13, 6pm at Pro Ski and Mountain Service (108 W North Bend Way, North Bend, WA 98045)
· Author Talk | June 14, 7pm at Village Books (1200 11th Street Bellingham, WA 98225)
· Hiking Seminar + Alpine Lakes Wilderness | June 18, 6:30pm at The Mountaineers Tacoma Program Center (2302 N 30th St, Tacoma, WA 98403)
SUPPORT THE SHOW BY CLICKING THROUGH THESE LINKS
Don't forget to shop our Cascade Hiker Hats and Bumper Stickers!
Check out Whiskey Fever: https://www.reverbnation.com/whiskeyfever The song used in the intro is 'Tall Grass' from their album Gonna Wake Up This Whole Town.